- Penetration Testing Important, but…
- Social Engineering and Poor Patching Responsible for Over 90% of Cybersecurity Problems
- Breach Incidence and Costs On the Rise Again + 5 Ways to Reduce Your Risk
- Cybersecurity Insurance Policies Require Security Audits and Pen Testing
- Wireless strategies for business continuity gain importance as enterprise expand IoT, cloud, and other technologies
- How Cybercrooks are Targeting YOU
- Enabling Digital Transformation with Cisco SD-WAN
- WFH Post Pandemic – What It Will Look Like. What You’ll Need.
- Leaders to looking to the IoT to improve efficiency and resiliency
- Cyber Security Vernacular – Well, some of it, for now
- Why You Need Disaster Recovery, NOT Just Back-Ups
- 10 Reasons Why Having an Expert Manage Your Cybersecurity Makes Sense and Saves Dollars
- Converting CapEx IT Investments into Manageable OpEx
- The Hybrid Workplace – Planning the Next Phase
- Cisco Cloud Calling: Empowering Customers to Thrive with Hybrid Work
- When You Can’t Access the Cloud
- How to Keep On Keeping On
- New Cisco Research Reveals Collaboration, Cloud and Security are IT’s Top Challenges
- Threats from Within on the Rise
- Cloud Covered? If Not, Take Cover!
- Zero Trust and Forrester Wave Report
- Password Based Cyber Attack: Like Leaving Keys Under Doormats
- So, What’s Up With Sensors?
- Sensors and Systems Create a Digital “Last Mile” and Help Skyrocketing Costs
- Scanners Provide Peace of Mind for Returning Students and Workers
- Sensors Improve Operations and Bottom Line… Easily and Cost-Affordably.
- Cisco Meraki Looks at 2021
- 2020 Holiday Shopping: Cybersecurity and Other Tips to Safeguard Wallets and Systems
- How to make the most of the technology you have
- Personnel, Planet and Business Progress: More Interdependent Than Ever Before
- Sure… you can get them all in the boat – but can you get them to work well together?
- Pushing the Zero Trust Envelope – Cisco is Named a Leader in the 2020 Forrester Zero Trust Wave
- Cloud Data Must be Protected, Too!
- Don’t Let Anyone Get the Dirt on You – Make It Instead!
- How IoT Devices Can Help You and Your business
- WebEx – A World of Possibility
- Creating Your Breach Response Plan Now Will Save You Thousands Down The Road
- Been hacked? Here’s what you must do next.
- The Need for Pen Testing is At an All-Time High
- 5 Ways an IT Reseller Improves Your Performance and Peace-of-Mind
- 5G and Wi-Fi 6: Faster, more flexible, and future ready. Are you?
- Network and Data Security for Returning and Remote Workers + Disaster Recovery Symposium
- Collaboration and Cisco WebEx: Protecting Your Data
- Thursday’s Virtual Conference Tackles Today’s Supply Chain Trials and Tribulations
- 10 Tips to Reduce Cloud Storage Risk
- COVID-19 Crisis Fuelling IT Spending
- Supply Chain/Logistics Experts Share Their Expertise
- Cisco Breach Defence Overview
- Announcing Our New Website and Blog
From our partner, Cradlepoint
Today, we depend on being able to access the Internet matter where we are, no matter what kind of device we’re using. One of our partners, Cradlepoint, helps makes this possible.
Using a single cloud platform with wireless edge routers that connect fixed and mobile sites, vehicles, field forces and loT devices over LTE and 5G cellular networks, Cradlepoint can provide effective solutions when high-performance internet is essential, but not always accessible to employees.
When everyone started working remotely, teleconferencing and other high-bandwidth technologies proved unstable and unreliable for people living in some areas. Working with Cradlepoint, innovative solutions were found – solutions that continue to make sense for organisations moving forward.
A couple of examples:
In one school district, where families needed better connection performance, students were provided with private LTE routers. Elsewhere, school buses were turned into hotspots and parked in areas where students faced connectivity challenges.
For police departments, where lives often depend on accurate location data, Cradlepoint offers a bulletproof solution. Precision, vehicle-integrated GPS provides location-based data for computer-aided dispatch and fleet management applications and helps locate officers in need. Although not life and death, the same technology is invaluable for logistics companies.
In short, reliable connectivity is critical to just about every organisation, service delivery and training organisation. With its wireless-optimized software-defined networking, and dual modems able to provide nonstop reliability across one or more cellular networks, Cradlepoint is the number one choice for many IT specialists.
Here’s what Cradlepoint has to say about connectivity in its “Wireless strategies for business continuity gain importance as enterprise expand IoT, cloud, and other technologies” blog post, written by Dee Dee Pare
“ Our evolving world has seen uninterrupted connectivity become a business requirement. With cloud services, IoT devices, and increasing mobility putting a strain on wired network architecture, more organizations are looking to adopt a wireless wide-area network (WAN) to keep a competitive edge.
An enterprise needs to be proactive about network failover. It is no longer enough to solely rely on wired lines for backup connectivity and redundancy. Today availability, reliability, and bandwidth are the three mandatory capabilities for any network failover solution.
Historically, enterprises added multiple wired connections for network failover. This might seem like a good way to ensure internet uptime, but it doesn’t always provide the guaranteed connectivity that organizations now require.
When adding a failover wired connection to a fixed location, typically the new secondary link enters the facility through the same trench as the primary connection. The enterprise is putting itself at risk of network interruption due to accidents during construction or other maintenance.
Another option is to install a new wire through a different entrance, but that costs time and money that enterprises often can ill afford. A more effective and economical solution is a high-performance wireless failover connection. This ensures diversity by providing a secondary connection that can’t be physically interrupted.
When network service is interrupted, reliable management access is required to securely diagnose and fix any problems. To alleviate the need for an onsite IT team, Cradlepoint’s NetCloud Service and endpoints enable Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) so IT teams can troubleshoot issues remotely. Having a direct connection from an LTE adapter’s console port to the primary router at a branch location enables network managers to diagnose and sometimes fix problems even if the wired link is not available.
Life Storage, with hundreds of self-storage locations across the U.S., struggled with reliable connectivity. Its third-party-managed, USB-based modems could not handle the growing number of connected devices that helped drive business. After deploying Cradlepoint’s NetCloud Service and branch routers, Life Storage’s IT team has been able to remotely control all devices and connections.
Even when a network failover link kicks in, businesses still require sufficient bandwidth to support the transfer of all required company data. With an all-in-one branch networking solution, you can switch between a wired and wireless connections without degrading bandwidth, ensuring business continuity.
Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) technologies support bandwidth aggregation and traffic segregation between both wired and wireless WAN links. With lower-bandwidth LTE connections, SD-WAN allows IT teams to set configurations that ensure critical data always has precedence on the wireless failover link. With higher-bandwidth Gigabit-Class LTE and 5G connections, all traffic can continue to flow over the backup link.
Wireless failover allows businesses in any industry to never skip a beat.”
For more about wireless strategies for addressing enterprise networking challenge, please read the WANs Without Wires white paper.
If you would like to learn more about how mobile connectivity solutions can augment your current network capabilities, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or (416) 429-0796 or 1.877.238.9944 (Toll Free).