- Cisco Introduces Responsible AI – Enhancing Technology, Transparency and Customer Trust
- Managing Customer Trust in Uncertain Supply Chain Conditions
- Hope on the Horizon
- Toys of Tomorrow… What will spark your imagination? Fuel your imagination?
- Protecting Purses and Digital Wallets
- The Password that Felled the Kingdom + MFA vs 2FA
- The MOE’s RA 3.0 and Zscaler
- 7 Critical Reasons for MS Office 365 Backup
- Penetration Testing Important, but…
- Social Engineering and Poor Patching Responsible for Over 90% of Cybersecurity Problems
- Breach Incidence and Costs On the Rise Again + 5 Ways to Reduce Your Risk
- Cybersecurity Insurance Policies Require Security Audits and Pen Testing
- Wireless strategies for business continuity gain importance as enterprise expand IoT, cloud, and other technologies
- How Cybercrooks are Targeting YOU
- Enabling Digital Transformation with Cisco SD-WAN
- WFH Post Pandemic – What It Will Look Like. What You’ll Need.
- Leaders to looking to the IoT to improve efficiency and resiliency
- Cyber Security Vernacular – Well, some of it, for now
- Why You Need Disaster Recovery, NOT Just Back-Ups
- 10 Reasons Why Having an Expert Manage Your Cybersecurity Makes Sense and Saves Dollars
- Converting CapEx IT Investments into Manageable OpEx
- The Hybrid Workplace – Planning the Next Phase
- Cisco Cloud Calling: Empowering Customers to Thrive with Hybrid Work
- When You Can’t Access the Cloud
- How to Keep On Keeping On
- New Cisco Research Reveals Collaboration, Cloud and Security are IT’s Top Challenges
- Threats from Within on the Rise
- Cloud Covered? If Not, Take Cover!
- Zero Trust and Forrester Wave Report
- Password Based Cyber Attack: Like Leaving Keys Under Doormats
- So, What’s Up With Sensors?
- Sensors and Systems Create a Digital “Last Mile” and Help Skyrocketing Costs
- Scanners Provide Peace of Mind for Returning Students and Workers
- Sensors Improve Operations and Bottom Line… Easily and Cost-Affordably.
- Cisco Meraki Looks at 2021
- 2020 Holiday Shopping: Cybersecurity and Other Tips to Safeguard Wallets and Systems
- How to make the most of the technology you have
- Personnel, Planet and Business Progress: More Interdependent Than Ever Before
- Sure… you can get them all in the boat – but can you get them to work well together?
- Pushing the Zero Trust Envelope – Cisco is Named a Leader in the 2020 Forrester Zero Trust Wave
- Cloud Data Must be Protected, Too!
- Don’t Let Anyone Get the Dirt on You – Make It Instead!
- How IoT Devices Can Help You and Your business
- WebEx – A World of Possibility
- Creating Your Breach Response Plan Now Will Save You Thousands Down The Road
- Been hacked? Here’s what you must do next.
- The Need for Pen Testing is At an All-Time High
- 5 Ways an IT Reseller Improves Your Performance and Peace-of-Mind
- 5G and Wi-Fi 6: Faster, more flexible, and future ready. Are you?
- Network and Data Security for Returning and Remote Workers + Disaster Recovery Symposium
- Collaboration and Cisco WebEx: Protecting Your Data
- Thursday’s Virtual Conference Tackles Today’s Supply Chain Trials and Tribulations
- 10 Tips to Reduce Cloud Storage Risk
- COVID-19 Crisis Fuelling IT Spending
- Supply Chain/Logistics Experts Share Their Expertise
- Cisco Breach Defence Overview
- Announcing Our New Website and Blog
How to make the most of the technology you have
Have you ever looked at your phone after years of use and found a new feature you didn’t know was there and don’t know how you ever lived without it? The same goes for your business’s technology. If the technological environment isn’t working together for you, then it isn’t working. Making the most of your technology doesn’t just mean using it for the purpose you originally bought it for. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to find out if you’re making the most out of your environment:
- Do my systems communicate with each other and do they have the ability to do so?
Nowadays technology is made to integrate with each other. You can go to Home Depot and get a 10$ light bulb that can change to 20 different colours by using an application on your cell phone! Chances are, there is a way to make your systems work together more effectively, saving you money, time and personnel resources.
- Have I looked into additional features that may already be available with my current system?
It may seem straight forward, but taking 15 minutes to research the capabilities of your system can often reveal capacities that will make things easier for you and your budget. When new hardware is released, it rarely has one intended purpose. We all know that once something is installed, you quickly either throw away or hide the instruction manual forever without ever really looking through it. Those handy little books containing a lot of information regarding additional tools within your device that you could be missing out on. The same is true for enterprise level solutions – they can often do more than what they are tasked for day in and out.
- Is my system up to date with its software?
When was the last time you checked to see if there was new software for any of your devices? Did you set up automatic updates when you received your hardware? If you didn’t your device could be operating at lower capacity than possible. I myself am guilty of leaving my phone without an update for months at a time and realizing later how beneficial these new applications and features would have been. Software is put out frequently in order to enhance your current devices. Every 6 months check to see that your systems are all up to date. You’ll want to do the same across your network, pushing patches out as needed – and ensuring they are all installed.
- Do I even use my technology?
How many times have you invested in a piece of technology only to let it sit unused because you never took the time to fully understand how it works? Nothing will be helpful to you and your business if you let it sit idle. When was the last time you viewed your security cameras? Are you looking at them for traffic patterns to identify how your staff’s actions are impacting sales? Do you identify busy times from the cameras in order to save money of staffing by ensuring the schedule is made to accommodate busy hours? Engaging with your technology can show the biggest benefit and provide you with a better ROI. The world wants IT that does the job for them and while it can do this, it doesn’t always mean that it should. Even automated technology can yield a bigger benefit with a little attention.
- Have I spoken to an IT partner about how to best utilize my systems?
While we always want to be able to do it all ourselves that is frequently not a possibility. By working with an IT partner like Cloud Managed Networks, technology agnostic experts in their field, you may be able to better understand how each piece of hardware can best be used for your business, perhaps in ways you wouldn’t think possible. Are you using your security cameras to understand your stores traffic and customer base? Are you using your sensors to get every piece of information possible? Have you utilized the integration and physical capabilities of Cisco WebEx? CMN helps you understand your technology and think of ways it can be used beyond its intended purpose.
If you want to upgrade your network to better suit your needs or want to understand how to better utilize your current environment then please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or (416) 429-0796 or 1.877.238.9944 (Toll Free).