- News & Resources: Listings >
- Raspberry Robin: Highly Evasive Worm Spreads over External Disks
- Cisco Introduces Responsible AI – Enhancing Technology, Transparency and Customer Trust
- Managing Customer Trust in Uncertain Supply Chain Conditions
- Hope on the Horizon
- Toys of Tomorrow… What will spark your imagination? Fuel your imagination?
- Protecting Purses and Digital Wallets
- The Password that Felled the Kingdom + MFA vs 2FA
- The MOE’s RA 3.0 and Zscaler
- 7 Critical Reasons for MS Office 365 Backup
- Penetration Testing Important, but…
- Social Engineering and Poor Patching Responsible for Over 90% of Cybersecurity Problems
- Breach Incidence and Costs On the Rise Again + 5 Ways to Reduce Your Risk
- Cybersecurity Insurance Policies Require Security Audits and Pen Testing
- Wireless strategies for business continuity gain importance as enterprise expand IoT, cloud, and other technologies
- How Cybercrooks are Targeting YOU
- Enabling Digital Transformation with Cisco SD-WAN
- WFH Post Pandemic – What It Will Look Like. What You’ll Need.
- Leaders to looking to the IoT to improve efficiency and resiliency
- Cyber Security Vernacular – Well, some of it, for now
- Why You Need Disaster Recovery, NOT Just Back-Ups
- 10 Reasons Why Having an Expert Manage Your Cybersecurity Makes Sense and Saves Dollars
- Converting CapEx IT Investments into Manageable OpEx
- The Hybrid Workplace – Planning the Next Phase
- Cisco Cloud Calling: Empowering Customers to Thrive with Hybrid Work
- When You Can’t Access the Cloud
- How to Keep On Keeping On
- New Cisco Research Reveals Collaboration, Cloud and Security are IT’s Top Challenges
- Threats from Within on the Rise
- Cloud Covered? If Not, Take Cover!
- Zero Trust and Forrester Wave Report
- Password Based Cyber Attack: Like Leaving Keys Under Doormats
- So, What’s Up With Sensors?
- Sensors and Systems Create a Digital “Last Mile” and Help Skyrocketing Costs
- Scanners Provide Peace of Mind for Returning Students and Workers
- Sensors Improve Operations and Bottom Line… Easily and Cost-Affordably.
- Cisco Meraki Looks at 2021
- 2020 Holiday Shopping: Cybersecurity and Other Tips to Safeguard Wallets and Systems
- How to make the most of the technology you have
- Personnel, Planet and Business Progress: More Interdependent Than Ever Before
- Sure… you can get them all in the boat – but can you get them to work well together?
- Pushing the Zero Trust Envelope – Cisco is Named a Leader in the 2020 Forrester Zero Trust Wave
- Cloud Data Must be Protected, Too!
- Don’t Let Anyone Get the Dirt on You – Make It Instead!
- How IoT Devices Can Help You and Your business
- WebEx – A World of Possibility
- Creating Your Breach Response Plan Now Will Save You Thousands Down The Road
- Been hacked? Here’s what you must do next.
- The Need for Pen Testing is At an All-Time High
- 5 Ways an IT Reseller Improves Your Performance and Peace-of-Mind
- 5G and Wi-Fi 6: Faster, more flexible, and future ready. Are you?
- Network and Data Security for Returning and Remote Workers + Disaster Recovery Symposium
- Collaboration and Cisco WebEx: Protecting Your Data
- Thursday’s Virtual Conference Tackles Today’s Supply Chain Trials and Tribulations
- 10 Tips to Reduce Cloud Storage Risk
- COVID-19 Crisis Fuelling IT Spending
- Supply Chain/Logistics Experts Share Their Expertise
- Cisco Breach Defence Overview
- Announcing Our New Website and Blog
It’s that most wonderful time of the year, when hearts and wallets open wide. It’s also a year, thanks to the pandemic, in which many of us – including employees – are shopping while Home for the Holidays. Unfortunately, scammers are well aware of this and phishing like crazy.
Adding to the concern: Over 60% of Canadians plan to shop from cell phones or other mobile devices. This is an increase of 20% over last year.
Why worry? Depending on whose research you read, anywhere from 53 – 69% of people leave their phones unlocked. Which means that your corporate data may be at risk from prying eyes and sticky fingers, if people are shopping at the mall.
Step One: Insist that employees and family members lock their phones.
What else can you do? Besides upping your edge and endpoint security?
- Encourage people to separate work and personal devices – especially if you work for a municipality or are in education or healthcare, the hardest hit of industries for ransomware in 2020. Better yet, given the number of people using their own phones in this BYOD era, provide network access security and install endpoint security on all mobile devices. Yes – offer it for personal devices, too.
- Only download shopping apps from trusted sources such as the Amazon App Store, Apple App Store, Google Play Store, etc.
- Ho-Ho-Hold on before clicking on that sales link. We all know that if a deal seems too good to be true, that’s usually the case. For some reason, people are less cautious at Christmas. Remind everyone in your personal and professional network to be on the lookout for phishing scams and ransomware. They’ll arrive, much like Santa in the night, in email notices containing appeals from fake charities (and some of the children’s ones can make you cry ), fake shipping notifications, fake order confirmations and a myriad of other things to tempt you.
One of one of our partners, KnowBe4, whose offering integrates well with Cisco solutions, has a solution to identify scam email before it’s opened. They are offering quality resource kit, which you can access at: https://bit.ly/2K8wtor
- Fa-la-la form jacking. Form jacking? That’s when cyber thieves hijack payment forms on popular shopping websites, to steal personal and credit card data. You make a purchase from a reputable vendor, only to have your data snatched and sold on the dark web. You have no way of knowing, so it’s critical you check your credit card statements more regularly at this time of year. Even better, use prepaid credit card when shopping online.
Even though you may be avoiding holiday crowds and pickpockets this year, cyber criminals are still stalking you. So…
Please contact us at [email protected] or (416) 429-0796 or 1.877.238.9944 (toll Free) to learn more about adding KnowBe4 , Amp, Umbrella or Duo (all great tools in the fight against felons) to your security arsenal.
In the meantime, we wish you happy and safe shopping!