- Cisco Introduces Responsible AI – Enhancing Technology, Transparency and Customer Trust
- Managing Customer Trust in Uncertain Supply Chain Conditions
- Hope on the Horizon
- Toys of Tomorrow… What will spark your imagination? Fuel your imagination?
- Protecting Purses and Digital Wallets
- The Password that Felled the Kingdom + MFA vs 2FA
- The MOE’s RA 3.0 and Zscaler
- 7 Critical Reasons for MS Office 365 Backup
- Penetration Testing Important, but…
- Social Engineering and Poor Patching Responsible for Over 90% of Cybersecurity Problems
- Breach Incidence and Costs On the Rise Again + 5 Ways to Reduce Your Risk
- Cybersecurity Insurance Policies Require Security Audits and Pen Testing
- Wireless strategies for business continuity gain importance as enterprise expand IoT, cloud, and other technologies
- How Cybercrooks are Targeting YOU
- Enabling Digital Transformation with Cisco SD-WAN
- WFH Post Pandemic – What It Will Look Like. What You’ll Need.
- Leaders to looking to the IoT to improve efficiency and resiliency
- Cyber Security Vernacular – Well, some of it, for now
- Why You Need Disaster Recovery, NOT Just Back-Ups
- 10 Reasons Why Having an Expert Manage Your Cybersecurity Makes Sense and Saves Dollars
- Converting CapEx IT Investments into Manageable OpEx
- The Hybrid Workplace – Planning the Next Phase
- Cisco Cloud Calling: Empowering Customers to Thrive with Hybrid Work
- When You Can’t Access the Cloud
- How to Keep On Keeping On
- New Cisco Research Reveals Collaboration, Cloud and Security are IT’s Top Challenges
- Threats from Within on the Rise
- Cloud Covered? If Not, Take Cover!
- Zero Trust and Forrester Wave Report
- Password Based Cyber Attack: Like Leaving Keys Under Doormats
- So, What’s Up With Sensors?
- Sensors and Systems Create a Digital “Last Mile” and Help Skyrocketing Costs
- Scanners Provide Peace of Mind for Returning Students and Workers
- Sensors Improve Operations and Bottom Line… Easily and Cost-Affordably.
- Cisco Meraki Looks at 2021
- 2020 Holiday Shopping: Cybersecurity and Other Tips to Safeguard Wallets and Systems
- How to make the most of the technology you have
- Personnel, Planet and Business Progress: More Interdependent Than Ever Before
- Sure… you can get them all in the boat – but can you get them to work well together?
- Pushing the Zero Trust Envelope – Cisco is Named a Leader in the 2020 Forrester Zero Trust Wave
- Cloud Data Must be Protected, Too!
- Don’t Let Anyone Get the Dirt on You – Make It Instead!
- How IoT Devices Can Help You and Your business
- WebEx – A World of Possibility
- Creating Your Breach Response Plan Now Will Save You Thousands Down The Road
- Been hacked? Here’s what you must do next.
- The Need for Pen Testing is At an All-Time High
- 5 Ways an IT Reseller Improves Your Performance and Peace-of-Mind
- 5G and Wi-Fi 6: Faster, more flexible, and future ready. Are you?
- Network and Data Security for Returning and Remote Workers + Disaster Recovery Symposium
- Collaboration and Cisco WebEx: Protecting Your Data
- Thursday’s Virtual Conference Tackles Today’s Supply Chain Trials and Tribulations
- 10 Tips to Reduce Cloud Storage Risk
- COVID-19 Crisis Fuelling IT Spending
- Supply Chain/Logistics Experts Share Their Expertise
- Cisco Breach Defence Overview
- Announcing Our New Website and Blog
“Zero Trust” – not just what your parents thought when your buddy showed up on a Friday night, music blaring from his beat-up muscle car, and you responded to their query about evening plans with a with, “Nothing much. Trust us.”
Today, with the Internet rife with malware and ransomware, cyber attacks occurring every millisecond, breaches occurring from within organizations, too, “zero trust” describes the current, somewhat new approach to designing, deploying and managing IT networks.
The basic premise is that all network devices, and all parts of your system from edge to endpoint must come under scrutiny – and not be trusted – even if they were previously verified. Today’s diverse and highly distributed environments as so many connected parts, that it becomes harder and harder to put appropriate protocols and policies in place to protect everyone. It simply easier and more effective to trust no one. Hence the term, zero trust.
That’s an oversimplification, of course, but we invite you to read this blog from Cisco, our primary partner, to learn more. In it, you will also find the most recent Gartner report on the topic.
We hope you enjoy reading this network security installment. We look forward to connecting with you again next week. In the meantime, if you would like more information, or would like to consult with a Service Engineer, please contact us at [email protected] or (416) 429-0796 or 1.877.238.9944 (Toll Free).
I’m proud to share that Cisco has been named a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers, Q3 2020 report.
“Cisco pushes the Zero Trust envelope the right way,” according to The Forrester Wave™: Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers, Q3 2020.
Through our Cisco Zero Trust platform approach we deliver innovative solutions that provide differentiated value, all while maintaining a radically simple approach to security. This has enabled our teams and partners to help tens of thousands of customers during this time of need, rapidly enabling organizations to continue their operations securely when it mattered most.
The impact the past six months have had on organizations cannot be overstated. In a matter of weeks, organizations experienced rapid transformation, moving to an all- or mostly-remote workforce and re-prioritizing business operations and resiliency. We understand that customers need our help now more than ever to navigate this new world.
The shift of the perimeter has been to this point gradual, but Cisco foresaw the road ahead and has been committed to providing security solutions to help customers on this journey. The company’s acquisition of Duo in 2018 is evidence of this commitment. The principles of zero trust were baked into Duo’s core product and ethos and have been fully integrated, providing solutions for the workforce to make sure users and devices can be trusted as they access systems remotely. This complements our workplace solutions designed to secure access to the network and what’s in the network, and our workload solutions that prevent unauthorized access within application environments irrespective of where they are hosted .
Cisco received the highest scores possible in the The Forrester WaveTM report in the criteria of market approach, ZTX advocacy, and ZTX vision and strategy. Members of our team are involved in workgroups such as the FIDO Alliance, developing standards for WebAuthn, and the committee that worked to define NIST’s SP 800-207: Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) guidance. We launched a Zero Trust Strategy Service to help our customers with implementation plans around adopting zero trust.
Cisco was among the highest scores in the device security and the future state of zero-trust infrastructure criteria. Cisco has been committed to solving customer challenges and delivering security solutions, this is evidenced over the past year with product developments centered around dismantling the barriers of security and providing balance. Improved features and enhancements for endpoint security, network segmentation and micro-segmentation have been delivered across the portfolio, with the notable addition of SecureX for improved visibility, automation and orchestration.
“Reference customers spoke highly of the newly improved UIs for administrators and the ability of the system to leverage powerful internal analytics to push the control capabilities outside the perimeter all the way to the user and their devices,” the report notes.
We believe this recognition is a validation that our strategy and vision for customer-centric zero-trust security is working. I want to extend my gratitude to our teams and partners who work to deliver these solutions, and to our customers who trust us to help them operate securely. We won’t rest on our laurels. We’ll continue to work to provide simplified, secure solutions to help our customers achieve zero-trust security. We have a lot in the works. Stay tuned.